Friday, August 22, 2008

We Has Spoken Fashions: The Audacity of Ascot



The ascot tie, or day cravat, is out of control. Its deceptiveness is key to its success. It says "I can send back any bottle of wine as many times as I God-damned well please" while keeping it casual. It says, while smiling, "Cross me and I will fucking chain you to the back of my Land Rover and have you tag along while I drag your skinless corpse for three whole days as I go on a big game safari hunt".

Tying one isn't as difficult as I'd imagined (see diagram below) but finding the right one for purchase most certainly is. Enjoy, and good luck finding the one that suits you best.

Terry Silver


Michael Corleone


My Attempt Using Bandanna (serious faux pas but I wanted to try)


Enjoy

3 comments:

Michael Konrad said...

Allan, you need to get one of those.

PISTON HONDA said...

I was waiting to see how you'd sneak a photo of Terry Silver into this blog. Now it is done and you can move on.

Ron Mexico said...

Its amazing how one article of clothing can make one appear either extremely homosexual or like a murderous crime boss. Perhaps the color of the ascot is the biggest determinate. I like the maroon ascot with a black suit. It says stay the fuck away from me like the hourglass on the belly of a black widow.