Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Don't Be A Menace II South Central While Drinking Your Juice In the Hood

In honor of Allan's post about Boyz N The Hood here is one my favorite scenes from Don't Be A Menace. This movie demands revisiting. I suggest a We Has Spoken screening.

Check out this classic father/son moment (note how the father is younger than the son) mocking Boyz N The Hood completely.



The dialog is amazing. Too many great lines to single out but here's a couple:

  • "Want some breakfast?" "Nah I'm cool man, I just had some Red Hots."
  • "No Smokin' My Shit, Don't let me catch you drinkin' my shit and if you bring any of them Ho's up in here make sure I fuck 'em first."
  • "Hey let me ask you something, Tre, you still a Virgin?" "Well there was this one dude rubbed up against my butt one time, but I didn't like it."

And one of my favorite lines in the entire movie:

  • "Get to the damn fuckin' part!"

2 comments:

Allan said...

God, that is the funniest movie. Look at all the props in the dad's house. The beach ball??? The model airplane???

So let's do a WHS Film Festival at my apartment soon. I'm thinking we need to show:

Don't Be A Menace
Rocky IV or V
Karate Kid III

Any other suggestions? It needs to be a double-screening.

Dianne said...

Can someone post "I feel sorry for your mother?"...cant find it.....