Saturday, August 9, 2008

National Anthems Part 2: Russia, USSR

Below are the national anthems of the Russian Federation and the former Soviet Union. They have different lyrics, but both are great to have on your iPods.

Note: when I was a child I was terrified of the Soviets, not because of stories I had heard of how close we may have come to nuclear meltdown, or because of the fear of Communism threatening our way of life, but because of Ivan Drago. He killed Apollo Creed in front of millions of people. That's hard to watch as a 7 year old. It never ceases to amaze me how history can prove what's right and wrong, often contrary to what widespread beliefs are at the time of events in question. I've come to realize that Apollo should've been killed. He was annoying. If he dies, he dies.

Russian Federation


USSR:

No comments: