Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Great Moments in Public Speaking

This is what I do on Sundays: I get in line at a bar by 10am to watch the Green Bay Packers and listen to passionate speeches. This was last weekend, before the Packers lost to the fucking Falcons, but a week after Aaron Rodgers got hurt and Brett Favre threw 6 TDs for the Jets. Dissension had run amok. We needed a Barack Obama/Rodney King "can't we all just get along and unify" moment. In the grand tradition of Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King Jr, and John Belushi, there is now my friend Nate:

2 comments:

Allan said...

I realized this weekend when I met you at this bar that Wisconsin is a serious, serious place.

Ron Mexico said...

This is why I love the Packers..."a small town with a big heart." Fuck yeah! I predict GB will beat out Chicago to clench the division.