Friday, February 13, 2009

Panoramic views of Egypt

This will be my final post on my recent travels to Egypt. During my short stay, I visited Cairo, Abydos, Balyana, Luxor, Thebes, Karnak, Giza, & Sakkara. I shot many panoramic images on my digital camera, which I stitched together by hand in Photoshop (with the exception of one image that Photoshop automatically stitched). In my previous posts, I already published some of these images, but I've completed a few more that have not yet been published, so here they are, all in one place.

Click on any image to see it full-size for much better detail. The files are not that big, but they are larger than typical Internet files, so please be patient while they load.

The Village of Abydos along the edge of the desert.


The front courtyard of the Dig House at Abydos.


The Dig House's "backyard," where the mudbricks are made and pottery sherds are stored.


A view of the various intersecting landscapes on the desert horizon at Abydos.


A mudbrick funerary chapel alongside a stone temple for Ramses II.
(This is the image that was auto-stitched in Photoshop.)


A view of the interior of the Shunet el-Zabib from atop the Northern wall.


Work inside the Shuneh, from right to left: excavation, worksite photo documentation, transporting buckets of excavated sand, surveying the site, and men sifting excavated sand on top of the dune.


A full view of the Eastern side of the Luxor Temple.


Wide view of the Medinat Habu on the horizon in Thebes (West Luxor).


The Pyramids of Giza, from left to right: Khufu (Great Pyramid), Khafre, Menkaure and the smaller Pyramids of Queens.

No comments: