Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sonic booms and things that make me tingle

So I am new to this blogging thing and I have enjoyed reading everyone's posts. I am not a very talented writer, nor do I get very retrospective...but I do like some cool shit. So in the spirit of the things I was looking at this evening, I would like to dedicate this post to sonic booms.

Back in 1997 I remember seeing this CNN clip of this car that broke the land speed record. It totally amazed me when I hear this massive engine getting closer and louder as it approached the camera then...KABLAOUUUU!!! A goddamn sonic boom. The footage was equally impressive with the heat from the Moab sand creating a neat reflective mirage.


Anyhow...this got me excited and eager to see more sonic booms...so here are a few youtube videos that made me tingle...






5 comments:

Allan said...

credits in the bottom video are worth it. but ONLY after you watch each clip in order. pretty cool.

PISTON HONDA said...

Was it really nesessary for the director to credit himself 15 times and then put "A William Shores Joint?" What is he the Spike Lee of spaceship takeoff footage?

PISTON HONDA said...

Nice post Steve keep em comin'

Michael Konrad said...

so, is this tingle some kind of sexual sensation or something?

PISTON HONDA said...

bwaahahaha