Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Dick Durbin Senatorial Spam

I got an email this morning "Thank you for signing up for the Friends of Dick Durbin." I have no clue who signed me up for this. I think it must have been one of you assholes. 30 seconds of research led me to his website where I learned that Dick Durbin is a "Democrat from Springfield... Illinois' 47th United States Senator... Dick Durbin's personal and political beliefs are deeply rooted in his childhood experience in East St. Louis, IL. Durbin's mother immigrated to the United States from Lithuania. His mother and father worked on the railroad. Senator Durbin worked his way through college and law school at Georgetown University - working on the railroad during his summer vacations at home and interning on Sen. Paul Douglas's Capitol Hill staff." He seems like a nice enough guy but I don't live in Illinois and have no desire to be on any rich old white man's email list.

1 comment:

Allan said...

I categorically deny putting you on Senator Durbin's email list. You'd know it was me who signed you up had you received an email from former Senator Trent Lott. Durbin is too harmless for me to use for these sorts of games. Remember when we had Tony Robbins' people contact The Goth? Now THAT is funny spamming.