Monday, September 22, 2008

WHS Fashions: The Union Cap (aka the "You Sold my Painting?!?!")

This weekend a few of us visited our very good friends in Williamsburg, Virginia. We spent a few hours in Colonial Williamsburg where I did find a few ascots but ended up buying a replica Union soldier hat from The Toymaker of Williamsburg.

To further explain why this is such an important acquisition, know that I'm no Civil War buff, but have seen "Basquiat" (film, 1996) more than 8,500 times (it's part of the We Has Spoken Classics). Michael Wincott plays Rene Ricard, who wears a sick Union cap throughout the film. Below is a clip that should explain why I've decided to nickname my latest purchase the "You Sold my Painting?!?!".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"That Asian kid is incitin' me with his Confederate hat..."

Michael Konrad said...

That's great. It really is the exact same hat. You need to wear that thing everywhere.

Anonymous said...

Quit biting my fucking styles, faggots.